Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reaching Out......pass it on!

Service is not only important for those you are serving but it is also important for you.  Studies have shown that those who serve others often lead a much happier life style.   Mohandas Gandhi said "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others".  There are many things in your everyday life that anyone can do to help one another.  The purpose of my blog is to inform people what they can do to get up, make a differnce and serve.  Growing up I always wanted to serve others but I never knew what I could do to get involved.  Because of my experience I have been inspired to help others in my same predicament find ways to serve.  My hope is to help others find the joy I feel when I offer my time and talents to others.  Look around your life and community to reach out to those who are either in desperate need of help, or even just need a friend.  Serving others within our communities will in turn change the world; reach out and do your part.  


I am currently looking for stories of personal experiences of service that have influenced your life.  I would love it if you could send your story to my email so I can share them with others.  Please send them to rachyfitz6@gmail.com

1 comment:

gillian said...

I think this is a great idea Rachel. I love that you are doing this. I will be sending you some stories tomorrow. Love you!